Advertisement for Administration Officer 2018
Posted on 12 June 2018
The Board of the South West Middlesex Crematorium are looking to recruit a very experienced administration officer.
Salary: £22,506 – £24,510
36 hours per week – flexible working will be required to suit the needs of the service.
This is a challenging role and ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a busy administration office and/or a bereavement service. You will need to have experience of working under pressure, managing your own workload to ensure that all targets and deadlines are met. You must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to deal with sensitive issues. In addition, you will have practical experience of implementing an equal opportunities policy, both in the workplace and in delivering a public service.
The role will be based at The South West Middlesex Crematorium, Hanworth.
The responsibilities include:
- Effective working relationships with The bereaved, Funeral Directors, Ministers/Celebrants and other external agencies.
- Maintaining accurate data and information to the crematoriums database, and other systems as required
- Checking and processing documents in accordance with cremation statutory guidelines and timescales.
If you would like to join us you will need to have the following skills:-
- experience of providing a very high level of customer care and administration skills
- ability to communicate clearly and cogently to a range of audiences, including families, funeral directors, ministers/celebrants and crematorium staff both orally and in writing
- ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of legislation and guidance relating to all aspects of cremation law
- ability to demonstrate an understanding of how equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice enables the professional to deliver a service which meets the needs of the communities we serve
- ability to work under pressure and prioritise your work-load with minimum supervision
- ability to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis is part of the role and will be viewed as flexible working and not subject to over-time pay.
We offer the opportunity to work in an environment focused solely on delivering services to the bereaved.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description, person specification and an application form.
Closing date: 25.06.18