Coronavirus Public Notice
Posted on 25 March 2020
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus and in accordance with Government recommendations, we are taking the following measures to reduce public contact with the Crematorium staff.
- Attendants at funerals are limited to 10 (immediate family) as of Wednesday 25th March, 2020, but this is under continuous review
- Attendees to sit 2 metres apart as per government guidelines
- Attendees to remove all personal items including tissues and memorial sheets from the chapels
- All visitors to refrain from touching door handles
- The administration office and hall of remembrance is now closed
- For any advice or assistance ring the administration office on 020 8894 9001 (9.00 – 16.30 Monday-Friday) or send an email to enquiries from our website at swmcrematorium.gov.uk
- Our Books of remembrance can also be viewed on line through our website
- The strewing of ashes has been suspended until further notice
- The service books and hymnals have been removed from the chapels to prevent contamination
- We can offer webcasts for services for people who cannot attend, but unfortunately this facility is currently only available in our Ogden Chapel
- Attendees not to place flowers or personal items on the coffin
- Curtains to close
These measures are to ensure that the Crematorium can continue to operate and offer funeral services in a safe manner.
Any changes to the above will be updated as or when the need arises.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
25th MARCH, 2020