Coronavirus Public Notice Update
Posted on 5 June 2020
Please see below changes to the services at the South West Middlesex Crematorium due to the Coronavirus:
- As of 8th June, 2020, attendees at funerals will be limited to 20, but all attendees must wear masks while in the chapels (these will not be provided). This number will be reviewed if attendees do not adhere to these conditions
- Attendees to sit 2 metres apart as per government guidelines (unless from the same household)
- Attendees to remove all personal items including tissues and memorial sheets from the chapels
- All visitors to refrain from touching door handles
- The main reception desk is not be manned until further notice · Please send an email via the enquiries on our website at www.swmcrematorium.gov.uk or ring the administration office (9.00-5.00 Monday-Friday) on 020 8894 9001 for advice or assistance
- The strewing of ashes can now be arranged for 6 attendees (as per government guidelines) as of 8th June, 2020
- The service books and hymnals have been removed from the chapels to prevent contamination
- We can offer webcasts for services for people who cannot attend, but unfortunately this facility is currently only available in our Ogden Chapel
- Attendees not to place flowers or personal items on the coffin
- Curtains to close
- The Gardens of Remembrance will be open to the public from Monday 8th June, 2020 but government guidelines must be adhered to i.e. no more than 6 people gathering together.
- These measures are to ensure that the Crematorium can continue to operate and offer funeral services in a safe manner.
Any changes to the above will be updated as or when the need arises.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
5th June, 2020