Coronavirus Public Notice Update
Posted on 14 July 2020
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus and in accordance with Government recommendations, the following guidelines are to reduce public contact with the Crematorium staff.
- As of 14th July, 2020 attendees at funerals will be increased to 30
- All attendees must wear masks/face coverings whilst in the chapels
- Attendees to sit 2 metres apart as per government guidelines (unless from the same household)
- Attendees to remove all personal items including tissues and memorial sheets from the chapels
- All visitors to refrain from touching door handles
- The service books and hymnals have been removed from the chapels to prevent contamination
- Webcasts – for services for people who cannot attend – are available in the Ogden and Jamieson Chapels
- Attendees not to place flowers or personal items on the coffin
- Family members not permitted to carry coffins
- Curtains to close
- The Gardens of Remembrance are now open to the public but social distancing – as per government guidelines – should be adhered to
- The strewing of ashes in the memorial gardens can now be arranged for 6 attendees (as per government guidelines)
- The above measures are to ensure that the Crematorium can continue to operate and offer funeral services in a safe manner
- The main reception desk is not manned until further notice. Please email email@example.com. or ring the administration office (9.00-16.30 Monday-Friday) on 020 8894 9001, option 2, for advice or assistance
- The Book of Remembrance Hall is currently not open to the public but the books can be viewed on line through our website at www.swmcrematorium.gov.uk.
Any changes to the above will be updated as or when the need arises. Thank you for your support and understanding.