Coronavirus Public Notice Update
Posted on 13 May 2020
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus and in accordance with Government recommendations, we are taking the following measures to reduce public contact with the Crematorium staff.
- Attendants at funerals are limited to 10 (immediate family) but this is under continuous review
- Attendees to site 2 metres apart as per governement guidelines
- Attendees to remove all personal items including tissues and memorial sheets from the chapels
- All visitors to refrain from touching door handles
- The main reception desk will not be manned until further notice
- Please send an email via the enquiries on our website at swmcrematorium.gov.uk or ring the administration office (9.00-5.00 Monday-Friday) on 020 8894 9001 for advice or assistance
- The strewing of ashes has been suspended until further notice
- The service books and hymnals have been removed from the chapels to prevent contamination
- We can offer webcasts for services for people who cannot attend, but unfortunately this facility is currently only available in our Ogden Chapel
- Only Funeral Directors staff to carry coffins
- Attendees not to place flowers or personal items on the coffin
- Curtains to close
- As of Sunday 17th May, 2020, The Gardens of Remembrance will be open to the public for one day a week – on a Sunday – until further notice. This restrction is to minimise contact with our small team of staff. To ensure the safety of all, visitors are asked to adhere to the government guidelines and maintain the 2 metre rule if not from the same household.
- These measures are to ensure that the Crematorium can continue to operate and offer funeral services in a safe manner.
Any changes to the above will be updated as or when the need arises.
Thank you for your support and understanding.