Public Notice July 2021
Posted on 16 July 2021
- As of 19th July, 2021 the number of attendees at funerals will be as follows:-
- Ogden Chapel: 100 mourners
- Jamieson Chapel: 50 mourners
- Haigh Chapel: 12 mourners
- All attendees are strongly recommended to wear face coverings whilst in the chapels and main building
- We ask that attendees remove all personal items including tissues and memorial sheets from the chapels
- Families will be allowed to carry the coffin but must wear masks and gloves
- Flowers will be allowed on the coffin, but no personal items
- Singing will be allowed with face coverings. Those not wearing face covering are requested to use the mezzanine floor in either of the larger chapels.
- Mourners should not attend if they are feeling unwell
- All mourners are advised to use hand sanitiser before entering a chapel
- Curtains to close
- No open coffins until further notice
- Webcast’s facilities available in Ogden and Jamieson Chapels
- All visitors to refrain from touching door handles
- Doors will be left open during services to allow for air flow
- The service books and hymnals are not being provided until further notice
- The Gardens of Remembrance are open to the public
- There are no restrictions on the number of people attending the strewing of ashes
- The main reception desk and memorial room will be open, but appointments must be made for strewing of ashes, collection of ashes or memorials plaques. Please contact email@example.com. or ring the administration office (9.00-16.30 Monday-Friday) on 020 8894 9001, option 2, for advice or to make an appointment
- The Book of Remembrance Room will be open, but as it is small we advise only 2 people at a time in the room. The books are always available for viewing on-line through our website at www.swmcrematorium.gov.uk.
The above measures are to ensure that the Crematorium can continue to operate and offer funeral services in a safe manner, and we thank all visitors in adhering to these guidelines. Any further updates will be added when it is deemed necessary.